Ba-Phalaborwa Municipality, with its seat in Phalaborwa, invites applications from suitably qualified and dynamic individuals for internship.
Budget and Treasury Office Municipal Finance Management Internship Programme (MFMP) (7 Positions) (2-year contract)
• Finance (4)
• Internal Audit (2)
• Risk Management (1)
Remuneration: R100 000 per annum (all-inclusive remuneration package, depending on a year of internship) (Ref. BTO.01/3/17)
• A Bachelor’s degree/diploma with Commerce, Accounting, Local Government Accounting, Economics, Management Accounting or Auditing and Taxation as major subject
• Newly graduated
• Between the ages of 21 and 35 years.
Key performance areas:
• Offer strategic leadership management (including people management)
• Undertake financial and performance reporting • Apply good governance, professional ethics and values
• Be involved in auditing and accountability
• Foster partnerships and stakeholder relations
• Manage change, risk and projects
• Manage procurement and contracts.
Applications should be directed to the Acting Municipal Manager, Private Bag X01020, Phalaborwa 1390.
E-mailed and faxed applications will not be considered. Ba-Phalaborwa subscribes to principles of equal employment and affirmative action.
Enquiries should be directed to Ms A Mahlabela at (015) 780-6482 or Ms ME Masinamela @ (015) 780-6313.
• Fraudulent qualifications or documentation will immediately disqualify any application
• Candidates who canvass any Councillor or Senior Official for preference will immediately be disqualified from selection process or from any appointment
• Short-listed applicants will be screened for criminal records and/or any pending cases and will have to produce original certificates prior to interviews
• Applicants who have not been invited for interviews within 30 working days should regard their applications as unsuccessful.
We welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
Closing date: 27 January 2017
How To Apply?
Apply online here.